Want stronger teeth? Eat these foods!
Your teeth can last a lifetime, so you should do your best to keep them as strong and healthy as possible. Eating certain foods can be an easy way to help maintain enamel on your pearly whites.
- Cereal grains - This category of grains includes crops like rice, corn, barley, wheat and oats. Cereals are a great source of magnesium, which aids in jaw and tooth enamel formation.
- Dairy products like milk and cheese - Milk products are known for being a significant source of calcium, which strengthens bones. This includes the enamel on the outside of your teeth.
- Foods high in protein - Protein contains phosphorous, which is a key player in strengthening your teeth and jaw structure. Try meat, eggs, nuts, or beans.
- Citrus - Citrus fruits such as oranges, limes and lemons are full of vitamin C. This vitamin does not directly build bone strength, but it helps the cells involved in tooth formation and strengthening.
- Fish - Fish contains vitamin D, which helps the body absorb and properly use the calcium it receives. Few foods naturally contain the vitamin, so another good source is frequent sunlight.
Eating these foods can help strengthen your teeth. However, no matter how many vitamins and minerals you consume on a daily basis, there is no substitute for seeing us on a regular basis!