Fun Dental Trivia
These famous people were dentists. But that's not what they were known for.
- Paul Revere - known for his famous ride and his work as a silversmith, put ads in a Boston newspaper offering his services as a dentist. Revere , in fact, is the first person known to use dental forensics, to identify the body of a colonial colonel killed at the Battle of Bunker Hill by the bridge appliance he wore.
- Doc Holiday - helped Wyatt Earp win the OK Corral shootout.
- Thomas Welch - his company was the first to bottle grape juice.
- George Grant - invented the wooden golf tee.
- Zane Gray - wrote best selling Western Novels.
- William Morrison - invented the machine that makes cotton candy in 1897 and unveiled at the World's Fair in 1904 in St. Louis . He was called "Fairy Floss".
- Horace Wells - first dentist to use nitrous oxide "laughing gas" as an anesthestic for dental work in 1844.
- Grant Wood - artist of the famous painting "American Gothic". The stone-faced farmer was his dentist.
- George Washington - first President of the United States was the most famous dental patient of Dr. Greenwood. He had several sets of dentures that were made out of ivory. His teeth were not made out of wood!