USE IT, or LOSE IT!
That's right, on Dec 31st your Flex Benefit Dollars and Insurance Benefits will go away, never to return.
The cooling temperatures outside remind us that the end of the year is fast approaching. So what does this have to do with your benefits?
- Most insurance companies base their plans on a calendar year so any benefits that have not been used by the end of the year are lost.
- Insurance benefits are Use It or Lose It, so now is the perfect time to get any needed dental treatment done.
- Your dental insurance policy allows for a certain dollar amount of coverage to be provided each year. If your maximum coverage benefit is not used during the year, you lose those benefits, because unused coverage does not carry over to the next year.
- Although treatment is never dictated by an insurance policy, our experience has shown that careful planning can often maximize benefits. Most dental plans allow teeth cleanings two times a year.
- If you are due for a cleaning, have dental treatment pending or if you feel you may need treatment that hasn't been planned yet and you haven't maxed out your insurance benefits for the year, we encourage you to schedule an appointment before the end of the year.
- You may also participate in a Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account. In most cases, any money left in these accounts at the end of the year is forfeited. These are benefits you have paid for!
If you have questions about what insurance you have remaining for the year or what treatment has been recommended, please contact Tina or Christina. They are always happy to help with scheduling or benefit questions.
Call us today at (530) 661-1155 to schedule your next appointment and take full advantage of your remaining dental insurance or flex spending benefits.